Chloromycetin chloramphenicol is an antibiotic. It is used to treat certain types of bacterial infections. It is also used to treat or prevent certain types of viral infections. This medicine may be used for other purposes; ask your health care provider or pharmacist if you have questions.
What is the most important information I should know about chloromycetin chloramphenicol?
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to chloromycetin chloramphenicol, or if you have ever had a serious allergic reaction to a similar antibiotic such as amikacin (Amikin), carbenicillin (Geocillin), dicloxacillin (Dycill, Dynapen), or penicillin (Beepen-VK, Ledercillin VK, Pen-V, Pen-Vee K, Pfizerpen, Veetids).
Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have ever had a serious allergic reaction to a similar antibiotic such as amikacin (Amikin), carbenicillin (Geocillin), dicloxacillin (Dycill, Dynapen), or penicillin (Beepen-VK, Ledercillin VK, Pen-V, Pen-Vee K, Pfizerpen, Veetids).
If you have any of these other conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take chloromycetin chloramphenicol:
- kidney disease;
- a blood disorder such as anemia or low white blood cell count;
- epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
- a history of head injury or brain tumor;
- a history of alcohol or drug abuse;
- a stomach or intestinal disorder such as colitis;
- if you are malnourished;
FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Chloromycetin chloramphenicol can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take chloromycetin chloramphenicol?
Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take this medicine with a full glass of water. Drink plenty of fluids while you are taking chloromycetin chloramphenicol.
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your blood may need to be tested often. Your kidney or liver function may also need to be tested. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
Use this medication for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Chloromycetin chloramphenicol will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- easy bruising or bleeding;
- pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating;
- sudden weakness or ill feeling, fever, chills, sore throat, new or worsening cough, trouble breathing;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- seizure (convulsions); or
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pain;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- swollen gums, gum disease;
- joint pain;
- mild itching or skin rash;
- darkened urine;
- unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
What other drugs will affect chloromycetin chloramphenicol?
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune);
- digoxin (Lanoxin);
- phenytoin (Dilantin); or
- tacrolimus (Prograf).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with chloromycetin chloramphenicol. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.Where to buy: You can buy chloromycetin chloramphenicol online from a variety of online pharmacies. Be sure to compare prices and shipping costs before you buy. Many pharmacies offer discounts for bulk purchases.
|500mg × 30 pills||$1.17||$35.04||+ Cialis|
|500mg × 60 pills||$0.95||$56.7||$13.38||+ Viagra|
|500mg × 90 pills||$0.87||$78.36||$26.76||+ Levitra|
|500mg × 120 pills||$0.83||$100.02||$40.14||+ Cialis|
|500mg × 270 pills||$0.77||$208.33||$107.03||+ Viagra|
|500mg × 360 pills||$0.76||$273.31||$147.17||+ Levitra|
|250mg × 60 pills||$0.62||$37.44||+ Cialis|
|250mg × 90 pills||$0.53||$47.85||$8.31||+ Viagra|
|250mg × 120 pills||$0.49||$58.26||$16.62||+ Levitra|
|250mg × 180 pills||$0.44||$79.07||$33.25||+ Cialis|
|250mg × 270 pills||$0.41||$110.3||$58.18||+ Viagra|
|250mg × 360 pills||$0.39||$141.52||$83.12||+ Levitra|