Ciplox (ciprofloxacin) is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. Ciplox is available as a generic drug and is prescribed to treat infections of the skin, lungs, airways, bones, and joints.
What is Ciplox?
Ciplox (ciprofloxacin) is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth. However, this medicine will not work for colds, flu, or other virus infections. This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription.
How should I take Ciplox?
Take this medicine by mouth with a full glass of water (8 ounces / 240 milliliters). If stomach upset occurs, take with food or milk. Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medication unless your doctor tells you otherwise. For the best effect, take this antibiotic at evenly spaced times. To help you remember, take this medication at the same time every day.
What are the possible side effects of Ciplox?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- fast or pounding heartbeats and sudden dizziness (like you might pass out);
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- sudden pain, snapping or popping sound, bruising, swelling, tenderness, stiffness, or loss of movement in any of your joints;
- tremors, seizure (convulsions);
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- confusion, hallucinations;
- depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself; or
- kidney problems--little or no urinating; painful or difficult urination; swelling in your feet or ankles; feeling tired or short of breath.
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach;
- rash, itching;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- changes in taste;
- headache, dizziness, spinning sensation;
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- mild skin rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
What other drugs will affect Ciplox?
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- insulin or oral diabetes medicine;
- a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), diclofenac (Cataflam, Voltaren), etodolac (Lodine), flurbiprofen (Ansaid), indomethacin (Indocin), ketoprofen (Orudis), ketorolac (Toradol), mefenamic acid (Ponstel), meloxicam (Mobic), nabumetone (Relafen), piroxicam (Feldene), and others;
- other antibiotics such as amikacin (Amikin), aztreonam (Azactam), cefaclor (Ceclor), cefdinir (Omnicef), cefditoren (Spectracef), cefepime (Maxipime), cefixime (Suprax), cefotaxime (Claforan), cefotetan (Cefotan), cefoxitin (Mefoxin), ceftaroline (Teflaro), ceftazidime (Ceptaz), ceftizoxime (Cefizox), ceftriaxone (Rocephin), cefuroxime (Ceftin), cephalexin (Keflex), cephapirin (Cefadyl), chloramphenicol (Chloromycetin), clarithromycin (Biaxin), clindamycin (Cleocin), cloxacillin (Cloxapen), cyclacillin (Cyclapen), dicloxacillin (Dynapen), erythromycin (E-Mycin, E.E.S., Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole), gentamicin (Garamycin), kanamycin (Kantrex), linezolid (Zyvox), mezlocillin (Mezlin), methicillin (Staphcillin, Methocarbamol), oxacillin (Bactocill), penicillin (Beepen-VK, Ledercillin VK, Pen-V, Pen-Vee K, Pfizerpen, V-Cillin K, Veetids, Zosyn), piperacillin (Pipracil), tetracycline (Achromycin V, Sumycin), or tobramycin (Nebcin, Tobi);
- heart rhythm medicine such as amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), disopyramide (Norpace), dofetilide (Tikosyn), dronedarone (Multaq), ibutilide (Corvert), quinidine (Cardioquin, Quin-G), procainamide (Pronestyl, Procan-SR, Procanbid), propafenone (Rythmol), sotalol (Betapace), and others;
- seizure medicine such as fosphenytoin (Cerebyx), phenobarbital (Luminal), or phenytoin (Dilant
Package Per Pill Price Savings Bonus Order 500mg × 30 pills $1.78 $53.52 + Levitra 500mg × 60 pills $1.5 $89.91 $17.13 + Viagra 500mg × 90 pills $1.4 $126.31 $34.25 + Cialis 500mg × 120 pills $1.36 $162.7 $51.38 + Levitra